Saturday, October 24, 2009

What is the legal age to move out on your on in the state of New Jersey?

I know that 18 is the age of majority and that there currently are no emancipation laws, but I want to know is there any legal way to get around it.
Answer:
The only legal way is to enlist in the military, but even this has to be done with parental/guardian consent. And, if you are discharged before the age of 18, guardianship is returned to your parents. In New Jersey, you can only get guardianship taken off your parents/guardians by enlistment in the military or being put under state custody. Either way,you can not move out on your own until the age of 18. You could attempt to move out, but if your parents contest it, through the police or courts, you will be returned to their custody. Even if your parents did allow this, if a state administrative agency found out, they could lose custody of you, temporarily or permanently, and you would be turned over to the state. There are not too many property owners who would be willing or legally able to rent to a minor, because a minor cannot be legally held to a contract. Unless this is a case of your personal welfare, there is not much you can do, but wait until you are legally able to live on your own.
Of course, just do it.
I belive that the age is 18 in the wonderful state of NJ. I know a girl I went to high school with got her parents to give up parental rights or something but she could have just been lying.
18
not that i know of. being 18 makes you an adult that makes decesions on your own. you then will be responsible for all of your actions and be held accountable such that nobody but you will take credit for. whether it is good or bad. moving is a good thing if it is going to help you and not harm or make people worry about you.

good luck!!
If your situation is desperate, you might consider just moving out without regard to the 'legal' aspects. However, I think that you need to consider everything involved, like where will you live? Are you going to be putting someone else in legal jeopardy if they take you in, how are you going to provide for your needs, food is not free, neither are clothes, transportation, or a lot of other things we tend to take for granted.

Good Luck and God Bless you...
You can move out whenever you want to really. I know a set of 15 year old twins.. One got knocked up with twins.. She moved out. The other twin got knocked up. She moved out. They live together and are doing fine.

If you can provide for yourself then do it!
I would contact a local rental agency and ask them what is the age limit that they allow to sign a lease. I know 18 is considered legal but when I was younger, I moved out at the age of 17 and rented my first apartment. This was many many years ago and I never considered any legal aspect to it. I merely had a job and was able to provide proof of ability to make the rent according to their criteria. Back then I recall that I had to have enough income that my rent would not take more than 45% of my gross. Later, whne i rented with roommates we each had to sign and acknowledge that if any of us could not make our share of the rent that each of us understood that we were individualy responsible for the full rent due on our own which just meant that I could not walk in and pay my share of the rent and think all was good. I woould still be subject to eviction for non payment of rent should my roommates not be able to come up with there share. I think contacting a local rental agency would provide you with the information you need

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is the © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net